Old Fashioned Blueberry, Whole Wheat Pancakes
adapted from an All Recipe recipe
Makes 6, 6 inch pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Place an oven-safe pan in the oven.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake (use 1/4 cup to make smaller cakes).
- When the cake starts to bubble, sprinkle blueberries on top, let it sit for 30 seconds, and then flip it. Brown other side.
- Place the pancakes on the pan in the preheated oven to keep them warm while you're working.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, and fresh blueberries.